As I transition into 2013, I feel accomplished and confident after a very successful 2012. I qualified for Boston. I finished my first 100 miler (the Leadville Trail 100) in 21:26 (19th place) which was 3 1/2 hours ahead of my goal time. In October, I ran The North Face Endurance Challenge-Atlanta and placed 5th behind some very accomplished ultra runners. As successful as 2012 was for me, I want to make 2013 an even better year of ultra running. I have several lofty goals for this year that I plan to accomplish - here we go:
- Run at least 4,000 miles (77 mpw)
- Run 120 miles in the 24hr Adventure Trail Race in May
- Run at least 5 miles everday until May 5th
- WIN 1 ultra marathon
- 20,000 push ups (55 per day)
- 36,500 sit ups (100 per day)
- Run the entire 444 miles of the Natchez Trace Parkway in 1 week all while raising $10,000 for the Vanderbilt Children's Hospital (more to come on this adventure)
By accomplishing these goals, I hope this will serve as proof that a fruitarian diet is not deficient in anything. I know that if I ate the Standard American Diet (SAD), I would not be able to run as much as I do now without sustaining injuries.
Now that my goals are listed for your viewing pleasure, I have another reason to work hard to achieve them. I am certain I will be able to accomplish each and every one of these goals - so stay tuned for the ride!