Thursday, January 3, 2013

Here's to 2013!

"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss it you will land among the stars." - Les Brown

As I transition into 2013, I feel accomplished and confident after a very successful 2012.  I qualified for Boston. I finished my first 100 miler (the Leadville Trail 100) in 21:26 (19th place) which was 3 1/2 hours ahead of my goal time. In October, I ran The North Face Endurance Challenge-Atlanta and placed 5th behind some very accomplished ultra runners.  As successful as 2012 was for me, I want to make 2013 an even better year of ultra running. I have several lofty goals for this year that I plan to accomplish - here we go:

  • Run at least 4,000 miles (77 mpw)
  • Run 120 miles in the 24hr Adventure Trail Race in May
  • Run at least 5 miles everday until May 5th
  • WIN 1 ultra marathon
  • 20,000 push ups (55 per day)
  • 36,500 sit ups (100 per day)
  • Run the entire 444 miles of the Natchez Trace Parkway in 1 week all while raising $10,000 for the Vanderbilt Children's Hospital (more to come on this adventure)

By accomplishing these goals, I hope this will serve as proof that a fruitarian diet is not deficient in anything.  I know that if I ate the Standard American Diet (SAD), I would not be able to run as much as I do now without sustaining injuries.

Now that my goals are listed for your viewing pleasure, I have another reason to work hard to achieve them.  I am certain I will be able to accomplish each and every one of these goals - so stay tuned for the ride!

Happy Trailing!

No comments:

Post a Comment