Sunday, January 13, 2013

Black Warrior 50K Training


"Success doesn't come to you, you go to it." - Marva Collins

If I have any chance of being successful in running this year, then I am going to have to put in a lot of work (no brainer, right?!) In the past two weeks, I have focused on taking my fitness to the next level.  I have logged more than 140 miles of running in the past two weeks, and I feel great! This week I will begin training for my first race of the year - the Black Warrior 50K on February 16th.

There are five weeks until the race, which means I have four weeks of intense training to endure.  To achieve my goal of completing this race in less than 4 hours, I will be concentrating on keeping my mileage up and increasing my speed.  From here on out my training each week will consist of:

- a minimum of 7 runs 
- one 10 mile tempo run
- one track work out
- one run of at least 25 miles

I have the goal, I have the training schedule and I have the determination. Now let's see what I can do with it all!

Happy Running!


No comments:

Post a Comment